Sometimes, I really do hate being wrong.
I know, to many that seems like a bald face lie!
There is no way an arrogant, opinionated, sarcastic, short tempered, self proclaimed ‘Stubborn’ guy hates to be wrong.
Ok, all good points, but seriously, I don’t want to be right … THIS TIME!
Today, I said America is no longer heading towards being a banana republic, we’re already here!
For those of you unfamiliar with the term, it means:
A pejorative political science term for politically unstable countries in Latin America whose economies are largely dependent on exporting a limited-resource product. It typically has stratified social classes, including a large, impoverished working class and a ruling plutocracy of business, political, and military elites. This politico-economic oligarchy controls the primary-sector productions to exploit the country’s economy.
Now, tell me how the [formerly] good ol’ US of A is not that, ESPECIALLY the last part!!
We live in an America were the laws don’t apply to everyone, only those not connected.
We live in a country that politicians write any rules they want, & the courts NEVER seem to say, “Umm, no! You’ve gone too far! Reign it in.”
I want to be wrong, but you’re gonna have to prove I’m wrong.
Here are my facts…
* Hillary Clinton CLEARLY broke the law, yet we’re actually debating IF she’ll get indicted, not WHEN.
* Juxtapose Hillary Clinton’s well connected treatment with that of General Petraeus. He ‘mishandled government secrets’ too, & literally just months ago! Why is he stripped of rank, indicted & embarrassed for exposing secrets, while she gets to run for president? The president is commander of the military, that if her files WERE stolen, she just put those military members lives at risk?
* Planned Parenthood. I don’t even know where to start. When we indict people trying to expose criminal wrongdoing to protect the evil darlings of one party, we’ve lost our way. How can anyone have faith in the justice system?
* Obama executive orders. This guy has no respect for the checks & balances of our Constitution. He’s helped by a weak opposition party that is more afraid of being called racists by a complicit, corrupt media, than they are afraid of what our country looks like with an imperial president.
* Our debt. It’s never been so high. While our GDP, our nation’s income, is going down, to stagnant, our debt is going up. ‘Our debt would be like consumers have $300,000 in credit card debt!!’, said Geri Willis of Fox Business. Wow. Could YOU get out of that mountain of debt anytime soon, if ever?
* Obamacare. Here’s another shit show we can thank only the Democrats for. Millions of Americans were forced to buy a product they don’t want, can’t afford, which doesn’t cover their needs, has high deductibles (out of pocket costs), so they can’t afford to even use it, IF they could afford the much higher premiums, AND the same number of uninsured people exist as before. Umm, WTF?! Now, if we tried, it failed & DC politicians said “We must go back to the old system, or a free market system, after trying the government run system!”, then I could at least say they’re listening & learning, but THEY’RE NOT! No, they’re telling Americans to suck it up, deal with it or “I don’t care, because I’ve got my gold plated, awesome healthcare, which you tax payers pay for!”
* Trust. There is none. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Nein. ‘We The People..’ feel, for good reason, unheard, pushed around, bullied, abused, cheated, ripped off & worst of all, like there’s nothing we can do about it. THAT is a real crisis.If we don’t trust our government to be at least somewhat fair, how can they govern? If the people don’t have confidence, then they don’t spend money, & with our nations debt, we NEED people to spend!
My blood is starting to boil (& I’m pretty sure #Obamacare won’t cover that!), so I’m going to stop now.
That being said, I’ve laid out just A FEW of my arguments for why America is more banana republic, than Constitutional Republic.
Feel free to argue your case, poke holes in mine & change my mind.
Seriously, PLEASE, CHANGE MY MIND!
I do NOT want to be so negative, & bummed out, over the direction of our country, but I also don’t like lying to myself.
At times like this, I feel the only words that can be said are: “God help us.”
Until next time.
ps. I PROMISE I will be more uplifting next time.